The 20 Essential Blog Directories
Gaining exposure for your blog is critical to building a following, readership, and revenue. Besides the basic SEO steps of adding compelling and keyword friendly titles, URL structure and descriptions (along with the basic WordPress SEO plugins) basic link building for blogs begins with listing them in blog directories.
There are many paths to consider when building links to your site or blog such as link baiting or blogroll link swapping, but few are as easy to implement and cost effective as submitting to blog directories.
Let us take a look at 20 popular directories worthy of your consideration.
1. Best of the Web Blog Search Best of the Web’s Blog Directory is very selective and only lists aged and valuable blogs. A link from here is well deserved.
2. EatonWeb Blog Directory has many aged inbound links and a blog rating system. You may have to pay a fee for your blog to be reviewed, but like Yahoo, the review fee is well worth the few dollars.
3. Blog Hub offers a drop down category and member blog list.
4. Bloggernity is a crisp, clean, and easy to navigate site. Scrolling down, you find the new blogs.
5. Blogarama has an impressive listing of over 65,000 blogs. The site is well designed and follows the same content categories as many other sites.
6. Blog Search Engine is one of the most selective Blog Directories on the web (and WordPress powered).
7. Blog Catalog features a vast directory of categories, from academic to writing, while offering the ability to search by country, language, or user. It has a no frills design, but offers convenient member access through simple blog registration.
8. Globe of Blogs has too many features to list. In order to be listed on the site, the blog must not be commercial.
9. The ultimate directory of British blogs connotes all things British. Being listed in this blog reaches readers all the way across the pond if that will help you grow!
10. Blog Universe is the perfect place to promote your video or podcast themed blog. Its layout is easy to navigate.
11. Bigger Blogs is a relatively new blog directory with only a few blogs registered. The blog is intertwined with a business directory. However, the benefit is that the earlier you are accepted on a blog directory, the more exposure your blog will obtain.
12. Bloggeries has the best categories and subcategories home page on the internet.
13. Bloggapedia Innovative categories and a colorful design make this blog directory a hit.
14. Spillbean is a well-designed blog directory site with some great categories.
15. Blogging Fusion is a blog with over sixty categories. It has a good amount of blog listings within the directory. Visitor stats are available as well.
16. Blogflux is not only a tool for bloggers, but a directory that has the listings in alphabetic order.
17. Bloglisting displays the page ranking blogs, which is a helpful tool when determining with whom you want to exchange links.
18. Blogio is a small blog directory with few listings, but it worthy of a submission. Despite its small size, there are quality blogs listed within the site.
19. Blog Explosion claims to be the Internet’s largest blog promoter. They have a vast directory but do not seem to have direct links. However, the listing in the directory can still show up in SERP’s, so keep this in mind.
20. Super Blog Directory is a great site that offers tools to posters that others do not. You can see the latest submitted links and blogs on the site, which is a perk that draws traffic into the directory.
The above listings are just a short list of the large and vast world of blog directories and the valuable inbound links that your can build for your blog and your business.
There are even more directories that can improve your rankings and they are just a Google, Yahoo, MSN or AOL search away.
The Bra!nstorm: Taking the time to find additional directories related to you website and content will help your rankings even more. And as we know, BLOG = Better Listings On Google.
What blog directories do you recommend? Leave your recommendations below.