Top 10 Marketing Stories From This Week
It’s hard to believe that we are half way through February and I’m still in January. The following articles are from various points from around the Web…
1. Social Gaming Becoming More Important – This week leading social gaming company Zynga raised $500 million on a $10 billion valuation. This injection of new cash shows that we are still early in the social gaming industry and marketers must keep a close eye out for potential opportunities.
2. Spring Book Reviews: Four for Your List – Jason Falls shares four great marketing books that you might want to pick up and read this spring.
3. What Donald Trump Could Teach Government About Public Relations – If you are into public relations and work for a government agency, check out this post. Actually, even if aren’t in this field, still check it out. It provides some solid ideas for making your public relations activities better.
4. Bing and Yahoo Change Policy to Allow Trademark Keywords – Check out some important changes to advertising in Bing or Yahoo search from Marketing Pilgrim.
5. Why I’m Competing With You. And You. And You. And You. – Jay Baer provides some thought-provoking statements on competition in the world of online marketing.
6. 5 Hot Tips to Make Your Readers Fall in Love – Building an engaged readership for your blog is important. The folks at Copy Blogger offer some ideas for building the love with your readers.
7. Redesigned Bing Bar Toolbar More Like A “Dashboard” – Bing is making waves in the race for search engine users, check out the scoop on the search engine’s new toolbar.
8. Nordstrom Bets Big on Digital With $270 Million Acquisition of HauteLook – Group buying continues to heat up. Traditional shopping giant Nordstrom made a big bet with its aquisition of HauteLook.
9. How Much Does A Facebook Fan Cost? $1.07 – If you are trying to advertise on Facebook to build your fan base, check out this blog post that looks into research about the costs surrounding acquiring a fan.
10. Tagged! Facebook Photo Trends [Infographic] – Take a look at this awesome infographic that looks at trends on Facebook photos.
Out Po!nt: What story would you add to this list?