10 Surprising SEO Statistics
We all know that SEO can be the most cost effective channel of advertising and the Web today. The real benefit is that it sends a targeted message right to the markets you are trying to reach.
As you begin to prepare and refining your marketing strategy for 2015, the following statistics will put SEO on your radar!
1. Almost half of companies that implement inbound marketing efforts see a 25 percent greater ROI than companies that do not. –CRM Daily
2. Leads generated through SEO close at around 14.6 percent while leads from other channels close at an average of 1.7 percent. –HubSpot
3. Seventy-ninety percent of clicks on Google Search results go to organic results (with some companies reporting as high as 94 percent of clicks going to organic results). –Nielsen
4. The #1 organic result gets nearly twice as many clicks as the #2 result. –Chitika/ Search Engine Land
5. U.S based inbound marketers that spend more than $25K per year save about 13 percent on the cost per lead with inbound marketing when compared to outbound. –State of Inbound Report
6. Inbound marketing delivers 54 percent more leads into the marketing funnel than traditional outbound tactics. –Square2Marketing
7. In Nov. 2013, SEO accounted for almost 40 percent of website traffic vs. 23 percent of traffic coming from social media. –Shareaholic
8. When compared to PPC, SEO has a lower cost over the life of a service or product. –Polar Design (case study)
9. Up to 65 percent of potential SEO clients are confused about what SEO is or think it is a scam. –WallaRoo Media
10. Long term SEO is the best marketing value for every dollar you invest both short term and long term.
If you have not looked at or updated your SEO program and/or strategies now is the time as 2015 is right around the corner. Believe me, your competition is taking a serious look at it!
Our Po!nt: What other stats or information have you heard about SEO? We would like your comments!Our Blog