Mobile Marketing – Real of Just a Fad?
I know that the mobile platform is here to stay, I mean all you have to do is just look around you and how many people have a cell phone stuck to their ears? Just look down and how far is your own smart device from you? I’ll bet within reach. To keep confirming what I keep see and what my customers are asking about I came across this cool article on the Hubspot blog by contributor Jeanne Hopkins. She points out something I think we all ask ourselves from time to time–everyone keeps saying it, but how do we really know that mobile marketing is the next big thing?
Here are just a few reasons she came up with after attending the recent Dreamforce conference in San Francisco.
- The growth of the iPhone was 10 times faster than the growth of America Online. (Source: Neilson)
- It takes 26 hours for the average person to report a lost wallet. It takes 68 minutes for them to report a lost phone. (Source: Unisys)
- It takes 90 minutes for the average person to respond to an email. It takes 90 seconds for the average person to respond to a text message. (Source: CTIA.org)
- 70 percent of all mobile searches result in action within 1 hour. (Source: Mobile Marketer)
- 90 percent of all U.S. citizens have their mobile device within reach 24/7. (Source: Morgan Stanley).
You can read the rest of her cool facts at http://bit.ly/kWKqTm, but here is what I want to leave you with today. Mobile marketing has not only arrived, it is here to stay. The wires and boxes that tied us to our computers for the first 30+ years of the Technology Revolution have been removed and we are now able to do more on our mobile devices than we ever thought possible. In the coming years more people will rely on their mobile device that their desktop and laptop computer combined.
Let us know your thoughts and observations of the mobile trends you are observing in your area.Mobile Marketing