Podcast Ep. #003: Evolution of Marketing From Caveman To Modern Day
This week Mark interviews Jeff Sheehan, author and futurist when it comes to marketing. Jeff’s career has spanned may opportunities in marketing for various companies of all sizes. Having lots of followers on social media is great, but you need to find ways to convert those followers into customers. Jeff’s perspective on marketing span 40+ years as to how it has changed over the years from content, trade shows, brochures, etc.
Marketing is hard work today but “integrated” marketing is still the best strategy to build customers according to Jeff. You will be surprised at his insight into how effective integrated marketing can be and why human contact is still very important!
If you like the show, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. You’d really be helping us out!
NOTE: You can also listen to the episode here, or download the episode to your device (right click and save).
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- Marketings roots as far back as the caveman.
- How content access has changed over the years.
- Quantity vs. Quality – Which is more important?
- What makes sense when you are creating evergreen content?
- Are there really any new ideas in marketing?
- Are trade shows really dead today?
- Why client facing solutions are at the root of marketing.
- And a great deal more…
Links & Resources
- To reach Jeff simply click on his name or find him on Twitter – Jeff Sheehan
- Pitch us a question that we can answer in a future podcast episode
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to the show! Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates when new episodes are available. If you enjoyed the show, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left. Also, it would mean a lot to me if you would leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews not only help me serve you better, but they make a huge difference in the show’s ranking on iTunes. If you have any questions you’d like featured on the show, or if you would like to suggest an expert (yourself included!), please let us know HERE.