Top 10 Marketing Stories You Missed!
Hard to believe it’s almost February. January has simply flow by. Needless to say it can sometimes be easy to miss some of the interesting marketing news that could affect your future strategies. So in case you missed it, check out these 10 stories that will help you catch up to this busy week in marketing.
10 Marketing Stories You need to know from this week:
1. The 6 Essential Steps to Writing a Killer Press Release – While many people may want the press release to die, it is still hanging around. The folks at Copyblogger outline steps for writing one that can drive results.
2. How To Use Twitter To Boost Your Google Rankings – Does your business use Twitter? If so, learn from Search Engine Land how to use your account to help improve your Google rankings.
3. Social Media Marketing: Strategy to Commerce – If you are interested in social media marketing strategy, you might want to check out this new post from the TopRank Online Marketing Blog.
4. 32 SEO Tactics to Avoid in 2011 – Learn what SEO tactics to leave out from your 2011 plans with this post from SEOmoz.
5. Rethinking the Future of Business Part 1: The State of Corporate Social Media – How will social media impact your business? Brian Solis takes a look at the current state of corporate social media.
6. Mobile Trends 2011 for the Realist – Mobile will be an important marketing trend in 2011. See what the folks at Marketing Pilgrim say are the “realistic” trends.
7. 23 Reasons To Add Video Blogging To Your Content Repertoire – If you have been thinking about video blogging, check out this article from Search Engine Journal. It just might convince you to get started.
8. How To Create A [Good] Blogger Pitch – Bloggers can be a hard group of people to influence. Social Media Explorer shares knowledge on how to pitch them so they will listen to your story idea.
9. Why Your Special Offer Isn’t – Offers are extremely important for lead generation. Jay Baer shares why most lead generation offers aren’t as good as they really should be.
10. 10 Top Business Blogs and Why They Are Successful – If your business is blogging, you should look at other successful business blogs to help you understand what they are doing that contributes to their blogging success. Social Media Examiner has highlighted 10 great examples.
What other stories would you add to this list?Marketing