A Few Digital Media Sources You Missed
We ran across these digital media sources from an article in Mashable from last week we feel you needed to see. Enjoy!
- How to Use Google Search More Effectively [INFOGRAPHIC]
Fewer than 25% of students know how to perform a “reasonably well-executed search” of web information. This infographic shares a few essential Google search tips and tricks.
- How 5 Top Brands Crafted Their Social Media Voices
Many companies have had to identify and develop their brand voices for social networks. Here’s how some of the best have done it.
- How To Take Control of Your Next Job Interview
Stephanie Daniel, senior vice president of career management company Keystone Associates, spoke with us about her thoughts on how job interviewees can take control of their next job interview by asking the right questions
- 16 Sustainable Gifts for the Eco-Minded Techie
Looking for a green gift? Here are 16 ideas for friends, family and coworkers.
- Niche Social Networks Deliver Big Results for BrandsCheck out how companies are embracing smaller social networks to reach out to fans and potential customers in new ways.
- How to Change Your Twitter HandleLooking to change your Twitter handle? You don’t have to create a new account — you can simply modify your old Twitter handle and keep all of your followers.
- Black Friday: Twitter Affirms Your Decision to Stay Home [PICS]Take a look through our gallery of Twitter pics showing the lines, crushes, overflowing shopping carts and mass of humanity trying to grab bargains.
- 5 Ways to Turn Social Customers Into Brand Ambassadors
Smart businesses will leverage their social channels to spread a positive brand reputation. Here are five ways to turn customers into brand ambassadors through customer service.
- Who’s Tweeting About Black Friday? [INFOGRAPHIC]
The buzz on Twitter about when and where consumers are shopping on Black Friday is bigger than ever. Here are a few statistics culled from the Twittersphere.
- One in Five Teachers Witness Cyberbaiting [STUDY]
Twenty percent of teachers have personally experienced or knows another teacher who has experienced cyberbaiting, a new study reveals.
- Facebook Makes the World Smaller, Shrinks 6 Degrees of Separation to 4 [STUDY]
According to a recent study, Facebook reduces the six degrees of separation to only four, meaning it makes the world even smaller.
- Study: Half of Facebook Users Post Political Messages [INFOGRAPHIC]
As campaigning for the GOP primary gets underway, market researcher Lab42 polled 500 social media users on all things politics
- 4 Ways Brands Are Tapping the Power of Social Games on Facebook
4 Ways Brands Are Tapping the Power of Social Games on Facebook
- How Social Media Revived The Muppets
A look at how social and digital helped reinvent “The Muppets” for the big screen.
- 4 Tips for Optimizing Your Resume with Social Media
4 Tips for Optimizing Your Resume with Social Media
- Instagram Tips From Top Beverage Brands
Companies are using Instagram to make their beverage brand-building social. See three successful beverage business photo campaigns.
- Saved By the Facebook Timeline [CARTOON]
Facebook executives said they planned on using early adopters to train others how to implement and manage their Facebook Timelines.
- The 10 Most-Retweeted Pics of the Week
The 10 most-retweeted pics of the week, as measured by Skylines.
For more social media news and resources, you can follow Mashable’s social media channel on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Tech & Mobile
- How a ‘Facebook Phone’ Could Help Facebook Break Into Mobile Apps [VIDEO]Mashable’s Christina Warren discusses the merits of a deeply integrated Facebook phone with CNN.
- How to Turn Your Instagram Photos Into Wall ArtA new service, CanvasPop, lets you turn your Instagram photos into large canvas prints.
- How Job Seekers Are Using Mobile [INFOGRAPHIC]Forget the laptop — 77% of job seekers are using mobile job search apps.
- 10 Tips to Avoid Cyber Monday Scams90% of consumers will shop online on Cyber Monday. Here’s how to keep your personal information secure.
- 10 Best Cross-Platform Multiplayer Mobile GamesCheck out our picks for some of the best cross-platform mobile titles out there.
- Top 10 Kindle Fire CasesWe’ve found 10 fabulous cases for the Kindle Fire, each with a different texture, style and color to suit your personal preference.
- 10 Best Racing Games for iPhoneHere are 10 of the best racing games for iOS.
- 15 Helpful Resources for the Holiday SeasonWhether you’re looking forward to shopping or giving, these resources will help you celebrate this year’s holiday season.
- 16 Quirky Gadget Gifts for the HolidaysNeed some ideas about what to get your tech-obsessed friends and family members this holiday season? Browse through our gallery to discover 16 quirky gadgets.
- The NYC Thanksgiving Day Parade in Tweeted PicsWe’re watching the Twitterverse for tweeted photos and sharing them as we find them. We’re also mapping photos along the parade route.
- 8 Enormous Things That Are Smaller Than Apple, Inc. [INFOGRAPHIC]
There are entire worldwide industries that don’t hold a revenue candle to the behemoth that is Apple. This infographic shows some startling comparisons.
- 5 Cities Harnessing Breakthrough Geothermal Technology
Did you know that there’s a mountain of energy underneath your feet? Check out five cities putting it to good use.
- WordPress 3.3: The 11 Most Important New Features
WordPress 3.3 should be released in late November. Here are the new functionalities that most users and developers will enjoy.
- 10 Photo Apps That Enhance Instagram
If you’re looking to make the most of Instagram, check out these 10 apps to extend the app’s digital reach.
- 5 Location-Based Dating Apps Worthy of Your Love
Ready to check in to romance? These 5 location-based apps will connect you with possible matches in your vicinity.
- How to Enable the New YouTube Design Now
The new YouTube design is slowly rolling out to everyone. If you don’t yet have it, but want to check it out, this quick browser tweak will enable it.
- 5 Sites for Shopping Local Food Online
Want to streamline your local grocery shopping? Here are five convenient sites to help you search, shop and learn from the local food movement.
- 10 Best iPhone Action Games
One common complaint against mobile games is that they aren’t up to snuff with so-called “actual” games. We’re putting that assertion to rest with the top 10 captivating mobile games on the market.
- Top 9 Thanksgiving Apps for iPhone
The holidays can be a little stressful, but these apps will make your Thanksgiving dinner a piece of pumpkin pie!
- 8-Bit Music Videos: 8 Pixel-Perfect Examples [VIDEOS]
We have collated eight great videos that offer 8-bit graphics, game-play themed storylines and more pixels that you could shake a joystick at
- 16 Online Resources for Preparing the Perfect Thanksgiving
Read on to discover 16 online resources that can help plan a successful and fulfilling Thanksgiving holiday.
- Google Music: Everything You Need to Know
Google Music launched to the public earlier this week, and we’ve provided you with all the things you need to know about the service
For more tech news and resources, you can follow Mashable’s tech channel on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Business & Marketing
- Cyber Monday: 6 Years of Online Discounts [INFOGRAPHIC]Thousands of online retailers will discount their stock for Cyber Monday — the online version of Black Friday — now in its sixth year.
- Facebook’s New Analytics Reminds Businesses to Engage FansNew reports show that friends of fans are a great resource for brand-building. Use these tips to engage a new group of people and gain fans.
- 9 Tips for Activating the Entrepreneurial SpiritI’ve been lucky enough to learn about entrepreneurship, leadership and teamwork from supportive family members and forward-thinking mentors. Here are 9 invaluable lessons I’ve taken away.
- 4 Ways Companies and Causes Can Partner for Good on FacebookCause Marketing Forum traces the history of cause marketing on Facebook back to 2007 and explains the current lay of the land through four popular campaign types.
- Small Business Saturday: A Guide for Shoppers and Stores
Small Business Saturday‘s goal is to to steer shoppers toward local independently owned businesses during the holiday season instead of bigger stores on Black Friday or online on Cyber Monday. Here are some tips for consumers or businesses.
- The Entrepreneur’s Guide to a Good Night’s Sleep
Ambitious professionals often survive on five or six hours of sleep a night, but these habits can inhibit your productivity and performance. Heed these tips for a more restful night’s sleep.
- 3 Mistakes Web Programmers Need to Stop Making
Here are three common mistakes we programmers make, and what we can do to fix them.